How to go about a round trip to South Africa with your family
Since many years South Africa is the leading touristic hot spot in Africa. But if you are a young family from America, Europe or Asia it is not that easy thing to travel there and start your individual trip through the Country. But that can be prepared from home: Specialized Africa tour providers, e.g. the German tour provider Intakt-Reisen, are specialized in configuring round trips for families. You can get there round trips for group of families as well as so called “private tours” – organized tours for individual families.
South Africa is the perfect destination for families, honeymooners, backpackers, and even adventurists. The beautiful nation brags of a combination of magnificent vineyards which you can tour, africa’s big five animals, spectacular mountain peaks that you can hike to, tribal villages and beach towns that are just waiting to be discovered by you, majestic wildlife, breathtaking scenery, and diverse cities.
It is not that expensive to fly within South Africa. There are budget airlines you can use such as Kulula and Mango which serve minor and major airports within the country and have several flights in a day. You can easily books your flights with said airlines online with any major credit card.
The beautiful country of South Africa has so much to offer and for anyone and everyone willing to take it all and experience it for what it is. Some of the places and activities to indulge in with your loved ones while in South Africa include:
- Surfing some massive waves at Muizenberg
- Diving with some toothy sharks at Simon’s Town
- Watching some cute penguins’ antics at Boulders Beach on the east coast of the Cape Peninsula
- Taking in the beautiful scenery at the Cape of Good Hope which is west of the Cape of Peninsula
- Get to educate yourself on Nelson Mandela’s 18-year imprisonment on a tour of Robben Island from Victoria & Alfred’s precinct where you will get to take a ferry headed there.
- See the expensive beach suburbs such as Hout Bay and Camps Bay and the Dutch-inspired districts where you will get to experience culture in its finest form.
- Visit the spectacular Table Mountain in Cape Town
- Wine enthusiasts can visit the Western Cape which is well known for wine making and Stellenbosch where you will learn all about the South African wine making traditions
- Hike to Montagu for wonderful mountain lookouts
- Whale watching in lovely Hermanus
- Get to enjoy the local cuisine in Franschhoek
Some of the beach towns to include in your tour would be Plettenberg Bay and Knysna. Rent a car or travel via luxury train or bus along the Garden Route, which is a magical coastal road that stretches between Storms River and Mossel Bay.
For the water lovers and adrenaline junkies, some of the best surf spots in South Africa include Port Alfred and Jeffreys Bay and can be found on The Eastern Cape. Trek across the barren landscapes of the Valley of Desolation and get to know more about the Xhosa People’s customs in Coffee Bay.
You can rest assured that we will plan a worthwhile South African round trip for you and your family that you will remember for years to come.