8 Free Things to See and Do on the Australian East Coast
The Eastern coast of Australia is one of the most breathtaking destinations in the world. The area possesses gorgeous beaches, stunning landscapes and fascinating attractions. Taking a holiday can be expensive, so the region offers numerous free things to do. Here are eight free things to see and do on the Australian East Coast suggested by Naracoopa B&B based on Queensland’s East Coast.
1. Cross the Sydney Harbor Bridge: The Sydney Harbor Bridge is one of the most magnificent structures on the planet. It will not cost you anything to cross the bridge on foot. It is probably about a mile long, and the views you will see are beautiful. It will be an adventure to remember.
2. Melbourne Royal Botanic Gardens: These picturesque gardens are a great place to spend a relaxing afternoon. You can see numerous plants from all over the world, and you can enjoy one of the scenic walking paths. The landscape is impressive.
3. Mission Beach: This fabulous beach offers numerous free things to do. You can swim, bird watch or trek through the rainforest. The scenery is so impressive that you might just want to relax on the sand. You can also find an affordable accommodation near the beach.
4. Daisy Hill Koala Centre: Situated in Brisbane, this interesting conservation park is home to cute and fascinating koala bears. You can view these amazing creatures from one of the boardwalks.
5. Centennial Park in Sydney: You can bring a picnic lunch and a blanket and sit in this relaxing park. The setting is beautiful, and the atmosphere is relaxing. The park includes a monument and an area for cycling or rollerblading.
6. Australian Centre for Contemporary Art: Located in Melbourne, this fascinating art gallery features paintings, sculptures and photography from contemporary artists. You can witness numerous exhibitions and see video and electronic imaging.
7. Cairns Esplanade: You can visit Cairns and enjoy swimming in a filtered saltwater lagoon pool. You can also relax on the luxurious grasses, or you can take a picturesque stroll on the boardwalk.
8. The Sunshine Coast: Enjoy some fun in the sun on the beautiful beaches of the Sunshine Coast. Maroochydore is a particularly beautiful part of the Sunshine Coast, with picturesque views, lovely walks and relaxing beaches.